Break up long term adhesions in muscles and nerves with ART, to decrease pain and restore full function to your body.
What is ART (Active Release Technique)?
ART is a soft tissue treatment method that involves removing scar tissue and adhesions in joints, muscles and nerves, restoring full range of motion and decreasing pain.
Muscles and nerve entrapments are first palpated then treated to remove adhesions and allowing the muscles/nerves to slide past each other correctly.
Benefits of ART
- Breaks up adhesions in muscles and nerves to bring back circulation and movement in long term injuries.
- Uses active patient motion to retrain movement patterns.
Common issues treated with ART
- Achilles tendonitis/plantar fasciitis
- Rotator cuff issues
- Adductor tendonitis
- Neck pain/headaches
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis)
- Patellar tendonitis
- Chronic calf tightness
- Nerve entrapments leading to numbness and tingling
- Sciatic nerve entrapment
I am currently Perth's only active, fully qualified practitioner of ART.