ART is a soft tissue treatment method that involves removing scar tissue and adhesions in joints, muscles and nerves restoring full range of motion and decreasing pain.
Benefits of Active Release Technique:
- Breaks up adhesions in muscles and nerves to bring back circulation and movement in long term injuries.
- Uses active patient motion to retrain movement patterns and make treatment very comfortable.
Common issues I treat with ART:
- Achilles tendonitis/plantar fasciitis
- Rotator cuff issues
- Adductor tendonitis
- Neck pain/headaches
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis)
- Patellar tendonitis
- Chronic calf tightness
- Nerve entrapments leading to numbness and tingling
- Sciatic nerve entrapment
I'm currently Perth's only fully qualified practitioner of ART.