ART is a soft tissue treatment method that involves removing scar tissue and adhesions in joints, muscles and nerves restoring full range of motion and decreasing pain.
Benefits of Active Release Techniques;
- Breaks up adhesions in muscles, nerves and facia to bring back circulation and decrease pain.
- Uses active patient motion to retrain movement patterns and decrease pain of treatment.
- Every muscle, tendon, ligament and nerve can be isolated allowing highly specific treatment.
Issues I have resolved using ART;
- Achilles tendinitis/ plantar fasciitis
- Shoulder impingement
- Bicep Tendonitis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Golfers elbow (medial epicondylitis)
- Adductors tendonitis
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis)
- Ulnar nerve entrapment
- Patella tendonitis
- Lower back pain
- Hip Flexor injuries